Friday, 9 March 2007

Things I am looking forward to about being back in India

I thought it was a bit unfair to only have a list of good things about the UK so to help me look forward to my next trip to India, here are the list of things that are cool about Mumbai:
  1. I can get my ironing done for Rs. 2 per piece (about 2-and-a-half p)
  2. I don't have to do any cleaning
  3. There is always the tantilising possibility that I might see an elephant every time I go out
  4. Goa is only a 40 minute plane ride away
  5. It is much warmer
  6. I don't have to worry about finding a parking space at work
  7. You can get a nice meal out for the price of a large class of wine in London
  8. You get to ride in auto rickshaws
  9. You don't have to scrape ice off the windscreen in the morning
  10. I can order room service any time
  11. Diet Coke is the same as in the UK
  12. Living in an appartment complex in a hotel is a little bit like living in really posh halls of residence
  13. I can watch ER and Friends on the TV
  14. Air Conditioning
  15. I don't always feel like I'm half a day behind the rest of my team
  16. I can always buy more pashminas at very reasonable prices
  17. I'm saving a fortune in heating bills
  18. There are always exciting things to take photos of
  19. We have a driver!
  20. The hospitals are cleaner than in the UK

I haven't quite got to the same number as the last list but 20 is still pretty good. And there's the air miles, of course :-) All in all it's not so bad flying back to India on Tuesday!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can we have a phot of an elephant please?

disco_di said...

Will see what I can do - who's asking??