Monday, 5 March 2007

Things I like about being back in the UK

Despite the weather and the fact that I am beginning to like life in India there are still lots of reasons why it's nice to be home:
  1. I can drink water from the tap
  2. I don't have to brush my teeth with mineral water
  3. The chances of me ending up in hospital with acute gastroenteritis are significantly reduced
  4. Chocolate tastes like chocolate - Dairy Milk is particularly disappointing in Mumbai
  5. I don't have to worry whether I can put the toilet paper down the loo
  6. Taxis all have meters that I can understand
  7. It doesn't cost me £21 for a 10 minute conversation with my Mum
  8. I can watch America's Next Top Model on the TV
  9. I can have ice in my drinks
  10. It is warmer than 10 degrees C in the office in the UK
  11. I have a proper desk to work at
  12. Chinese food doesn't come with added chillis as standard
  13. Cars have seat belts and wing mirrors
  14. Did I mention that chocolate tastes like chocolate?
  15. I finish work (marginally) earlier thanks to the time difference
  16. I can hang out with people that I don't work with for a change
  17. Accessing my email is a lot easier
  18. I get to go upstairs to bed
  19. I am unlikely to get sunburnt
  20. There are no mosquitos
  21. There aren't any cockroaches either
  22. I don't have to worry about potentially having to wear a bikini at the weekend
  23. Saturday is not a working day
  24. I usually know how to pronouce people's names
  25. I can go home at the end of the day and leave work at work

I'm sure there are some others but that seems like a good start. Next I need to do the list of cool things about getting to stay in Mumbai!

No comments: