Sunday, 18 March 2007

More TV Dinners

Very excited to get a comment on my last post so I am answering with a whole new post - mostly because I can't work out how to put photos into comments.


There's a version of "Who wants to be a Millionaire" which is called "Kaun Banega Crorepati" and is hosted by Shah Rukh Khan who is a very famous actor out here. My perception is that he doesn't really have much in common with Chris Tarrent but I could be wrong... I must admit that I haven't watched it as due to the name I presumed it would be in Hindi and as I have only extended my vocabulary to 5 words, none of which are "is", "that", "your", "final" or "answer" I figured that I might get a bit lost. However, the website seems to be in English so you never know. Anyway, the prize is Rs. 2 crore (a crore is 10 million) which equates to about £235,000 - not quite a millionaire in pounds stirling but certainly very rich!

I am sorry to say that so far I haven't seen an Indian version of Anne Robinson. There is, however, something that seems be be a bit like University Challenge except all the questions are about cricket, there are 3 teams instead of 2, and only 2 people on each team. And Jeremy Paxman isn't on it. So on reflection maybe it isn't that like University Challenge at all. But the contestants do represent Universities.

As a small aside, we were very excited to see the question below come up on Crorepati as there are billboards up all round Mumbai proclaiming Barclays as the first bank to have an ATM (I had always thought it was Band of America but according to Wikipedia I am mistaken). But it was definitely in 1967 in any case....



No comments: