On March 30th we went to a rather random gig by a band called 'Why Not?' at a place called Seijo in Bandra. Rather random because:
a) the band was Polish (in fact they are one of the most popular bands in Poland, apparently)
b) the lead singer was Scottish
c) they have a video on VH1 in India
d) the lead singer has an uncanny resemblance to a guy called Stuart Roberts from work (see the photo below)
e) they were joined on stage by one of the runners up from the Polish version of Pop Idol
Anyway, the venue is quite small (I believe the correct terminology is 'intimate') and the concert was pretty good. The music is kind of soft rock and I really enjoyed it. There was a lot of waffle about why they had come to India (apparently their next video is going to be shot there) and a lot of cameras and reporters taking pictures - if you want to see a review then click here. I would quite like to get their album but I can't find it anywhere online - if you ever see one please let me know.
And yes, I enjoyed this gig significantly more than Roger Waters!
Why Not? indeed...
3 comments:
But why are they not better than the non-random Porcupine Tree, whose "Fear of a Blank Planet" has just been released...??
(I can't keep up with your travels Diane - and where is Bandra?)
Hi Diane,
Found the blog, more entries please and possibly some gossip....
See you tomorrow
G14
Bandra is a relatively posh suburb of Mumbai - as far as any bit of Mumbai can be classified as 'posh'.
Not sure if there is much gossip around but I will do my best!
Post a Comment