So anyway, cake. There is a little cafe / deli here at the hotel, I go there most days for lunch. And sometimes breakfast. And occasionally dinner. I am slowly turning into a toasted cheese sandwich... Anyway, that's by the by. They also make big impressive looking cakes. And I managed to get 3 of them :-) Also the office sent me flowers and I also got some brownies. My birthday didn't do a lot for my diet.
The only issue with the cake was that the one that the office sent me was obviously ordered on the phone and the name 'Diane' isn't that common here. So it was carefully iced "Happy Birthday Dean". Ah well, it's the thought that counts...
I also went out for dinner with the project team that are based out here. We went to a really nice place called The Vie Lounge (click here if you're interested) which is on the beach front. The music was really good and we had a cool time, so I would recommend it if you happen to be in the Juhu Beach area of Mumbai any time soon.
No monkeys this time, Anonymous - I will put them up soon though (wow, what an incentive to keep reading...)
2 comments:
The cakes look terrific - and good to see that Little Ted made it to the feast! Glad the bag is being put to good use :)
Phew - thank goodness the same Indian firm did not do the memorial flowers for that other Dean person........
David
Post a Comment